In This Policy, the Investment Risk In The Investment Portfolio Is Borne By The Policyholder
Wealth-building for salaried persons: the way ahead
24th May 2019
Building wealth should be everyone’s priority but not everyone follows that path. Most of the people focus on 9-5 routine they have and live from paycheck to paycheck. They have a dependency on their paycheck and before they realise, they are stuck in a job they don’t like but can’t quit because they have invested a lot of time in it and they don’t have a saving to fall back upon.
Wealth building is an exercise one should practice as soon as one starts working.
Here are a few things to keep in mind to help you pave the way ahead:
- Asset-liability and wealth building: It is important to understand the difference between assets and liabilities and not get confused between the two. Assets generate net income and liabilities mean expenditure. Assets include:
- Cash reserve in saving account.
- Retirement and Pension Plans
- ULIPs and investment Plans.
- Life Insurance.
- Zero debt rental property etc.
Our goal should be to accumulate as much of the above assets as possible.
- Return on Investment:ROI is the key if you are looking at building assets. We consider a lot of things as asset. But the true definition of an asset is something which is generating income. Look at building more income-generating assets in your working years to live a comfortable life in your golden years.
- How to begin building wealth: Accumulate assets and start reducing your liabilities. Majority of people get tempted to buy a liability over an asset and this creates financial issues later on in life. Income from assets and income from job can contribute to your increase in savings. Income from assets must increase to support income from job.
In simple words, to become wealthy, one must have more than one source of income. Choose the right assets to invest in and start building wealth.
HDFC Life Click 2 Wealth is a Unit Linked, Non-Participating, Life Insurance plan that offers market linked returns, charges minimally, provides valuable financial protection for you and your family.
Products offered by HDFC Life :
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
You will receive the newly posted articles on your email id.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
Service For PolicyholdersService For Policyholders
Stay updated with HDFC Life
Get HDFC Life updates in your mailbox
- Do Not Call Registration
- Terms & Conditions
- Terminated Agent List
- IRDAI Public Notice on Spurious Calls
- Unclaimed Policy Details
- Insurance Ombudsman
- IRDAI Customer Education Website
- Life Insurance Council
- Memories for Life
- NRI Insurance Plans
- Premium Payment
- NAV Summary
- Online Buying
- Tools & Calculators
- Public Disclosures
- Policy Loans General T&C
- FC Appointment T&C
- POSP Appointment T&C
- UW philosophy PWD/PMI/PLHA