In Unit Linked policies, the investment risk in the investment portfolio is borne by the policyholder.
How to check EPF status and balance online
08th April 2019
EPF or Employees Provident Fund is one of the three types of provident fund options available in India (the others being GPF or General Provident Fund and PPF or Public Provident Fund). EPF is a government-backed instrument for fund accumulation in which due and equal contributions are mandated to be made by both the employee as well as the employer. These contributions then accumulate towards creating the saving corpus that is referred to as EPF. For the sake of increased financial inclusion and transparency, it is essential that an employee knows how to keep a track of her/his EPF accumulation and status. In the earlier days, when there was no online coverage and when the matters of financial importance were executed in a manual manner in the offline mode, there were a lot of hassles that were faced by the average consumers. Offline mode made the procedure of checking and tracking very complicated and hazardous. For the simple process of checking her/his EPF balance or for enquiring about the status of the same, an employee had to wait for hours in a queue. Added to that was extensive paperwork and documentation that further complicated the matters.
However, with the advent of digital platform and the increasing role of digital technology in matters of financial relevance, all this has changed for the better. Today, an employee can track the EPF status while sitting in the comfort of her/his home and that too in a matter of minutes. Increased transparency and accountability have further simplified the entire process and accuracy has increased manifold. The EPFO in India offers the facility of checking the EPF claim status on the relevant official portal.
For online checking of the EPF claim status, following are the steps that you need to follow:
- For online tracking, you must log on to the official website of the EPFO.
- You must keep in mind or documented your EPF account number, the regional office of the concern and the code of the concern or the extension code etc.
- Once you log-on to the official portal, you simply need to click on the tab that reads – “click to know your claim status”.
- After making the due selection of your state, click on the link for the regional office as well.
- Once the regional office is selected, the office code gets updated by itself.
- Enter the establishment or the company code in the relevant field. In case of any extensions, enter the same.
- Enter your account details in the relevant field.
- Once you enter all the details, click on the tab that reads “submit” – this will fetch all the details.
HDFC Life offers various retirement plans for ensuring that you reap the benefits of a secure retired life at all times and that sufficient corpus is created that can ensure that you and your dependent spouse have complete financial coverage. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/retirement-and-pension-plans.
Products offered by HDFC Life :
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
You will receive the newly posted articles on your email id.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
Service For PolicyholdersService For Policyholders
Stay updated with HDFC Life
Get HDFC Life updates in your mailbox
- Do Not Call Registration
- Terms & Conditions
- Terminated Agent List
- IRDAI Public Notice on Spurious Calls
- Unclaimed Policy Details
- Insurance Ombudsman
- IRDAI Customer Education Website
- Life Insurance Council
- Memories for Life
- NRI Insurance Plans
- Premium Payment
- NAV Summary
- Online Buying
- Tools & Calculators
- Public Disclosures
- Policy Loans General T&C
- FC Appointment T&C
- POSP Appointment T&C
- UW philosophy PWD/PMI/PLHA