How to Check Pan Card Status Online
30th November 2018
PAN (Permanent Account Number) card is a very crucial document that is mandatory for high value transactions, deposits above Rs 50000 and most importantly, at the time of filing income tax returns. PAN was first issued in January, 1964 and today it serves as an optional but mandatory document along with passport, Aadhar card etc. PAN number (inscribed on the PAN card) is basically a unique alphanumeric code (10 digits) which serves as identification number for entities (individuals, families, organizations etc). CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) is the governing body that administers the Indian Income Tax Department- the body that issues the PAN. Issuance of PAN is regulated under Section 139 A of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
With changing times and rapidly spreading digitization in matters of commercial and administrative governance, applying for and obtaining a PAN card has become an online activity, under specified laws. You just have to log on to the web portal of the official PAN body and apply for the same. Application may be a new one (where the applicant has never had a PAN number) or a request for renewal or change in the details. Different forms are available for the types of application and online services are available. Once you apply for a PAN card (after submitting the required documents for ID, address, date of birth proof or Aadhar card for e-verification), it usually takes 10-15 days until you receive the PAN card. However, tracking the status of PAN card is essential and can be done easily online by following the below mentioned steps:
- There are two modes of checking the status: it can be done either through NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) website or through the UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited) portal. You simply need to log in to either of these two portals.
For NSDL portal, follow the given steps:
- Log on to the website and open the PAN status page. (https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html).
- From the list of given options, choose as per your need i.e. whether applying for a new PAN, renewal or changes in any detail etc.
- There is space for acknowledgement number in the next page that appears. Fill in your acknowledgement number there.
- You then have to fill your name and the details related to your date of birth.
- Once you click on the “Submit” button, the screen will display the status of your PAN.
For checking the status through the UTI portal, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Log on to the official UTI portal and open the tracking page. (http://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward).
- On the page that appears, enter your application coupon number. If seeking changes or renewal of existing PAN, fill in your existing PAN number.
- There will a captcha code on display – fill it in carefully.
- Once you click on the “submit” button, the current status of your PAN will be displayed on the screen.
PAN is an instrument aimed at financial transparency. At the same time, it is important to have financial stability and security for future. HDFC Life offers several savings and investment plans for your better financial health. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/savings-investment-plans
Products offered by HDFC Life :
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
You will receive the newly posted articles on your email id.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
Service For PolicyholdersService For Policyholders
Stay updated with HDFC Life
Get HDFC Life updates in your mailbox
- Do Not Call Registration
- Terms & Conditions
- Terminated Agent List
- IRDAI Public Notice on Spurious Calls
- Unclaimed Policy Details
- Insurance Ombudsman
- IRDAI Customer Education Website
- Life Insurance Council
- Memories for Life
- NRI Insurance Plans
- Premium Payment
- NAV Summary
- Online Buying
- Tools & Calculators
- Public Disclosures
- Policy Loans General T&C
- FC Appointment T&C
- POSP Appointment T&C
- UW philosophy PWD/PMI/PLHA